How do you make a diy head board ideas?

+4
  • Vicki Bushert Vicki Bushert on Jul 10, 2018

I used 2x2s made a frame covered with fiberboard then glued/staples some thin 1/4" poly fiber sheets. Then made several fabric covers for different times of the year to match my quilts that I switch out seasonally

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 10, 2018

I made mine from part of a sheet of plywood and an eight foot 2x4 cut in half. I covered the plywood with a crib size quilt batting, attaching with spray adhesive. I then stapled a sheet over the batting. It is easy to make a cover for it, or drape a pretty throw or quilt depending on the look I want. We attached the bed frame with bolts. It was a "temporary" solution twenty years ago, and I still love it. I freshen up the cover once in a while, but, it looks great, is still sturdy and I have the luxury of redoing it if I find a piece of fabric I like.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 10, 2018
    Hello Naenae

Do you wish to build or repurpose?

Ana Whites website has some fabulous building plans. Have a look there and see if there’s anything you wish to consider. She has plans for building all types furniture. If this idea attached below is not exactly what you want to have a look around her site perhaps there’s a better option

.

• Cindy Cindy on Jul 10, 2018

Hi Nae Nae. I'm Cindy. My husband and I want to make a new headboard out of a door. We will lay it on it's side and put a long mantle down its length. Both sides will have fence posts attached to the sides. Then we'll paint the whole thing light gray. We want to attach it to the wall above our bed using the studs in the wall to anchor it. I hope you find this info helpful. Good luck.

• Cnn14834739 Cnn14834739 on Jul 10, 2018

A solid closet door. Just lay it horizontal behind the head of the mattress. You could stain or paint it.

• William William on Jul 11, 2018
    What other Hometalkers did.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=headboards