Best roofing material for storage shed

+3
I am in the process of building a "house" for my two lawn mowers out of pallets and would like to know the best, economical roofing material for this project. I am on a fixed income (ss) so there isn't a lot of disposable income for this project. So far I have gotten the pallets for free from one of the local lumber yards and from people cleaning out their "wood stash" and only had to purchase two sheets of plywood for the flooring.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 13, 2018
    a habitat for humanity re store...they might have shingles available and the underlayment as well.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 13, 2018
    Second hand stores often have left over shingles or metal sheets used for roofing.

• Ann Ann on Jun 13, 2018
    If you can find someone reroofing their house, the roofers ofen have leftover shingles or reuseable ones they might give you. Remodelers do as well. Another option is your local Habitat for Humanity store. Nail them onto a plastic covered plywood roof.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 13, 2018
    That's a great idea regarding Habitat for Humanity. Asphalt shingles are the least expensive method. They run about $1 per square foot. Another idea is to check a web site like Let Go, Offer Up, or E Bay. That's where private party's sell their personal stuff. You never know, you might get lucky. Best of luck to you.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 13, 2018
    Check with Habitat for Humanity. They sometimes have what you need at a reasonable price.

• Tulsa Gwamah Tulsa Gwamah on Jun 14, 2018
    This is for all of you - thank you for all the suggestions. Actually, my local Habitat store is one of my favorite places to shop, but for whatever the reason it never entered my mind this time. We just got started today/yesterday so I'm not ready for roofing just yet, but hopefully within the next week I will be.