How to build a deck that I can afford.

+1
There is a strip of ground along my house that won't grow grass. It's about 20 feet long and 3 feet wide. We live on a fixed income and can't afford much money for the project. That spot gets muddy and my beagles track most of it in! Thank you for the opportunity to fix our problem!

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 25, 2018
    check into pallet projects, most pallets are 4 inches deep that shoul keep you off the mud. I did find a pallet that was about 6 ft long....

• ☘️ TxBella ☘️ TxBella on Jun 25, 2018
    Hi Laurie!
    You could use Pallets they’re usually pretty cheap and sometimes Even free!
    Check w/construction sites. Sometimes they may let you have them.

I linked you to several ideas here on
    hometalk.com

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Pallet%20deck&r=0

Good Luck☘️ And Have Fun!

• Lina Splichal Lina Splichal on Jun 25, 2018
    You could put down river rock or a thick layer of mulch to keep the area from turning into a mud pit for your dogs to wallow in.

• Rob32328534 Rob32328534 on Jun 26, 2018
    Hi Laurie! I once did a patio with very little money by buying a couple foot square pavers at every payday - I did a checkerboard design to further save the cost and in between the pavers put thick newspaper to inhibit weeds and covered with pea gravel. In some squares I planted herbs and creeping thyme ( started from seed) It was permeable and beautiful. Took me a few months to get the project completed but anything good is worth the wait.