How to build a retaining wall without messing up my wood fence?

I'D LIKE TO BUILD A RETAINING WALL OF SOME SORT TO KEEP MY DOGS (3) AWAY FROM MY BRAND NEW WOOD FENCE. MY NEIGHBOR ALSO HAS DOGS (2) AND THE DOGS GO BACK AND FORTH TRYING TO GET TO EACH OTHER. WE JUST HAD OUR NEW WOODEN FENCE INSTALLED. I'D LIKE TO BUILD SOMETHING IN FRONT OF THE FENCE FOR GARDENING WHICH WOULD ALSO ACT AS A BARRIER BETWEEN OUR DOGS. PROBLEM IS I DON'T WANT OUR NEW FENCE TO BECOME ROTTEN BY HAVING A PLANTER BOX (RETAINING WALL) NEAR BY. PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU.

• Oliva Oliva on Jul 02, 2018
    Why not plant thorny shrubs, such as Barberry or pyracantha. Alternatively, dogs generally dislike the smell of cloves, and Ruta Graveolens, and will avoid it. Is this an issue of the dogs being able to see between fence posts? Can you train vines or add pickets to make it solid?

• Ericka Ericka on Jul 02, 2018
      THE DOGS CAN'T SEE BETWEEN THE FENCE POSTS. I JUST DON'T WANT EITHER DOG TO TEAR UP OUR NEW FENCE. IT'S REALLY NICE.
      I WILL LOOK INTO A THORNY SHRUB. NOT SURE IF MY HUSBAND WILL BE HAPPY AS HE IS THE ONE THAT DOES THE YARD WORK. LOL.

• Shell Andrew Doe Finney Shell Andrew Doe Finney on Jun 24, 2020

Install a drip system to prevent wood rotting.