I have an area that becomes a mud run when it rains. I put waddles do

+1

I need to know the least expensive way to put up a retaining wall . any suggestions.... can't afford professsionals at this time. It has to be a 2 person diy . Thanks

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 05, 2018
    The least expensive solution would be a French Drain to move the water out to the street storm drain..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbO5RIji_Y&t=35s

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 05, 2018

4x4's aren't real expensive, Depending on how long the wall will be, you drill matching holes in each section the height you want for easy set up. You will want rebar at least a couple of feet longer than the wall will be high. Put one in the first set of predrilled holes and pound them into the ground until it is flush with the top of the wall, continue down the wall doing this. You will want to put rebar in every couple of feet to make sure it withstands the pressure of the soil against it. To prevent erosion, I would keep the wood a couple of inches taller than the soil that is put behind it. I hope this helps you, Deb, it won't be a hard or long job for two people to do (if it isn't too long), but you can break it up into sections top put in if you need to.

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 05, 2018
    Hi Deb, it may not accomplish much to divert the water to just have it end up somewhere else on your property (or worse on a neighbor's). Dig yourself a dry pond. You'd only need to dig down about two feet. Line it with weed barrier and add rocks. You can even plant a few flowers that don't mind standing in water for a few days - such as cannas. Good luck.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 05, 2018

• Treated pine and is the least expensive material.
    • Hardwood is more expensive than treated pine.
    • Concrete sleepers are more expensive.
    • Besser blocks are relatively expensive to have installed.
    • Interlocking concrete blocks come in a variety of prices.