Tips for building a roof over my deck an some repairs on deck?

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jun 23, 2018
    Not my area of expertise , but was searching myself for shed building ideas and saw an interesting product that you might like to consider- It is some sort of stiff plastic roofing that is translucent. Looks like a piece of corrugated tin roof , except it's not tin. That would be great for my imagined shed , which would otherwise be way too dark. It's something to consider how dark it might get if you all of a sudden have a solid roof.

The other related topic I have been on recently, is gardening and sun/ shade. You need to determine how much shade you will be creating depending on how the sun hits that area a various time of the day. Plus, having a roof there may also " throw " shade onto a different portion of your yard. Not that you didn't do this already, but you don't want to be dissappointed with your project, because of unintended consequences.
    With my shed exploration, there were quite a few that need to lean up against the house, and I can see that I don't have the building /architecture skills to know if I could design something suitable and sturdy enough for loads of snow or tropical storm or hurricane.

Good Luck!

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jun 28, 2018

You're welcome. good luck!