Should i get professional for adding roof to porch

+3
Wanting to add more porch to front of house .should i get a professional for the roof part

• Gk Gk on Jun 14, 2018
    If you don't know what you are doing then I would say that it is probably your best option. The roof will get done right, the roof will get done quicker, and you won't be frustrated and stressed out trying to figure it all out. Sometimes have a professional do a job is the better option. I am a DIYer with a lot of skills but there are some things I just can't do myself or won't do myself!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 14, 2018
    depends on how much experience you have with building

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 14, 2018
    Can you share a picture of the area you want to roof? Usually its something you can do on your own if you feel you have the ability

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 14, 2018
    I recommend a pro for any major structural/capital improvement to your home. Not only will it be done correctly, but you have recourse if there is a problem.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 14, 2018
    Get the city codes for reworking a porch. If you can understand the codes and research the proper ways to comply, you may be able to do the job yourself. If you can’t comprehend the specs, or you see you don’t have the tools and expertise to do it, call in the pros for an interview and estimates. Get true friend recommendations if possible. Use best practices for hiring a pro. Best wishes ☺️

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 14, 2018
    I would say definitely yes. Make sure they are licensed and bonded. You can check with the BBB, too to see if there are any problems with any contractor you choose, and check with your state licensing department to see if they are licensed and that the license is current. You may also need to get a permit from the city. If any contractor, for any type of work, says that they will save you money if you pull the permit, throw them out! Whomever pulls the permit is responsible for the work. You are, in essence, telling the city that you are doing the work. If something happens, it's on you and the insurance company won't pay for any damages because you said you did the work, even if you didn't, and you're on the hook for any costs. So, NEVER pull a permit unless you know exactly what you are doing and are certified to do the work.