Sun shade sail

+2
i have boring deck on back of house,want to be creative and add a sun shade sail on deck but I want it to be attractive instead of just another cover Any ideals?

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jun 30, 2018
    I love these! I think the triangular ones look best because they give a visual contrast to the square lines of the house.

• Mindshift Mindshift on Jun 30, 2018
    Shade sails are available in canvas and shade cloth. Shade cloth blocks from 30% to 90% of sun, though the most common weave blocks 70%. Canvas sails are not necessarily waterproof, but they can be sloped to shed water in one or two directions. Rain passes through shade cloth to water grass or other plants.
    Shade sails can be connected to the eaves of your house, but you need another attachment point or points in the yard. http://canopykingpin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/shade-sails-2.jpg Usually people put up posts, but a sturdy tree trunk can work as well. Canvas sails are attached to eye screws or bolts with snap-link carbiners, turnbuckles, chain and such. http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTM3WDYwMA==/z/absAAOxyVaBS4EYh/$_35.JPG Shade cloth sails are less affected by wind and smaller ones can be held in place with bungee cords. I have had a 10 x 14 shade cloth type held in place with short bungee cords for several years now.
    There are online manufacturers who sell standardized sizes as well as custom shapes and sizes. Do a search for "shade sails for patios". Stores such as Home Depot and Walmart also sell shade sails. You have to order online, but you can usually pick up your order at the store which is a more secure delivery for many people.

• Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Jun 30, 2018
    You could jazz it up by hanging lighting along the edge. Maybe some cute theme ones or the cafe style led Edison lights. I agree with Larry, the triangle ones are more interesting.

• Oliva Oliva on Jun 30, 2018
    Paint a design on the sun sail. Hang at an angle, rather than absolutely level.

• Johanne V.Lusch Johanne V.Lusch on Jun 30, 2018
    stencilling an interesting and colourful design on the shade