What's the least expensive way to do an in-ground pool?

+3
I have a good size backyard however my budget isn't the same size. Looking for some creative ways to cut the price and still have a pool in my own yard.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 04, 2018
    The cheapest way to go is an above ground pool. Is that an option for you? Also the smaller the cheaper. What is the size you want?

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 04, 2018
    Here are some things people did that didn't have any money for a pool. https://lightersideofrealestate.com/real-estate-humor/desperate-diy-pools

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 04, 2018
    Hi, pools are great especially if you live in an area where you can use it most of year. You're right to want to cut costs. A small kidney shaped pool with spa can run upwards of $60,000 USD. And that doesn't include the landscaping. The biggest costs are the plumbing and electrical install and equipment, with the tight runner up being the concrete work. There are on the market ready made pool liners and even small fiberglass ones. Have you seen the nifty dumpster lap pools people have made? Given the right tools and expertise, it's amazing what people come up with. If you're a good organizer, check around about subcontracting out the individual jobs rather than having a pool builder do all the work. And don't forget your permits! Good luck.

• Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on Jul 04, 2018
    I have a large pool. would prefer a lap pool. consider that. there are fibreglass liners that come ready made. you need electric for the pump. you can buy a truck load of water. I use a hose to fill mine. love my pool. swim at night under the stars. bliss.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 04, 2018
    The cheapest way would be to buy a couple of Spades and start in the middle and work outwards, taking off a foot at a time.....Or hire a Digger.

• Julie Julie on Jul 04, 2018
    I love the sense of humor....I'm to old to start digging now. I'd 80 before I finished.