I need a 24" diameter x 3" deep circle.

+3
This circle does not need to be very thick.
Does anyone know of anything already made that would work? I don't want to have to steam wood. Kerfing straight wood seems to be the only option I have found.
I have looked a all types of drums, but shipping is expensive.
I can cut something to achieve the 3" depth I need.
It needs to be sturdy as it will be used as a wall shelf.
Thanks
  • Phyllis Phyllis on Jun 17, 2017
    Look at different sized round trash cans. You can cut to size. They are sturdy enough to use as shelving. You can get multiple rongs

• Linda Leath Linda Leath on Jun 17, 2017
    Some of the big box hardware stores sell round pieces of wood.
    They might cut something for you.
    Or look for a wood cutter in your area

• Phyllis Phyllis on Jun 17, 2017
    Rings out of 1 trash can. Make them different sizes if you need to. Usually less than $10.

• Sheri A. VandeRiet Sheri A. VandeRiet on Jun 17, 2017
    Sounds like the cover for a wooden barrel.

• Mary Mary on Jun 17, 2017
    I was wondering if I'd clearly stated my need. I don't need a solid circle, but thanks for the suggestion. Yes, cutting rings from something will probably be my best bet. I'd hoped to make this from wood, but plastic seems to be my best option. I found some plant pots (20 gallon) that also have the diameter I am looking for. They're less than $10 each. The trash can will also work, and prob be sturdier.
    Thanks all.

• Mary Jo Parkolay Mary Jo Parkolay on Aug 24, 2017
      I don't know their exact size or if it varies but cheese boxes may be an option for you. The kind the big wheels of cheese come in. I had gotten some from a country restaurant for only a dollar a piece. I have also seen them in a few old general stores and flea markets.