Any other ideas to clean mold from inside a dishwasher?

+4

Vinegar and baking soda didn't work. Help! How do I clean the inside of my dishwasher?

• Alb9086169 Alb9086169 on Dec 22, 2017
    I put a cup of bleach & run the dishwasher on the hottest setting.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 22, 2017
    They sell cleaner that you place in dishwasher and run on high temperature. But how did you end up with mold? Any way, otherwise I would go start to bleach but not to much and then run it and dry it off and leave it open when it's finished everytime you use it because obviously humidity is causing this you grow. I dry my dishes with heat not air that may help.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 22, 2017
    Bleach may get rid of the stain if it isn't too deep into the plastic. Rinse with pure vinegar to kill the mold or mildew spores that dampness has caused. I don't run my dishwasher but maybe once a week because there are only three of us together for one meal a day that uses dishes. I did notice a couple of times that when someone didn't rinse dishes or silverware that mold would form on a couple of things in the summer heat and humidity. The inside of mine is stainless and I didn't get anything on that, thank goodness. None of my cookware can go into the dishwasher, but I would wash it by hand anyway, as I use some of the pieces almost daily if not daily, hence it takes longer to fill the dishwasher.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 22, 2017
    Run the hottest cycle on the dishwasher with one cup of bleach inside. Then, try leaving the door open slightly after use to allow the dishwasher to dry completely and to get some air circulation.

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 22, 2017
    first, you have dishwasher problems if it’s growing mold! You need to figure out what causing that problem cause it will just come right back after cleaning it off! You shouldn’t have any standing water in your dishwasher nor any dampness when your cycle for cleaning is finished! If you do that needs to be addressed before using again! As far as cleaning goes, I would get the Finish brand dishwasher cleaner that you use in your dishwasher running it on high with no dishes in the dishwasher to clean it! Seriously though, you need to find out what’s causing it to mold? Water or moister from not draining properly or maybe a bad seal around the door?