Ideas to Clean flat oven top?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 23, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/clean/appliances/stovetops

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 23, 2018
    The easiest way I've found of cleaning a glass top stove, almost instantly, with no scraping, is to mix a paste of water and diatomaceous earth... apply liberally... then wipe off carefully with a damp napkin or paper towel. It removes cooked on food and grease, almost instantly, with no scrubbing.... no scratchy pad is needed. Wipe it off with some wet napkins, then wipe one more time with a soapy napkin, then wipe the water away. (Tip: use food grade diatomaceous earth, because you'll be able to use what's left over for a lot of purposes.)

• 27524803 27524803 on Jun 23, 2018
    Once you have your stove clean.... my friend Nancy gave me some good advice the day our glass top stove was delivered..... always give the stove a little wipe off with Windex, etc... and PAPER towels before you start cooking... it gets off any dust, etc that might have settled there... AND don;t use a soapy dish rag or random dish towel... they could leave a residue on the top that will instantly cook onto the glass as soon as it heats up...
    Also check the bottom of your skillets and pans... any grease on the bottom will transfer to the glass as soon as the pan gets hot... then it just burns onto the glass surface.