How to Clean oven racks?

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 09, 2018

Fill the tub with very hot water, just enough to cover the oven racks. Add up to 1/2 cup of dishwashing soap (or up to 3/4 cup laundry detergent). Let sit overnight. Rinse the next day. Amazing how much gunk comes off.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jul 09, 2018

Perhaps one of these methods will work. https://learn.compactappliance.com/cleaning-oven-racks/ When we clean ours we normally dump them in the bath and let them sit in a solution of backing powder and it works really well

• Sk Sk on Jul 09, 2018
    I used to clean homes for a living, rentals mostly, and oven racks are the worst. I found the absolute easiest way was large heavy duty black trash bags and a bottle of ammonia, and a sunny day. Place your racks in the bag, pour the whole bottle, (gallon size or 2 of the half gallon size) twist tie the bag shut as tight as you can get it, lay it out in the sun for the full day, I always laid them out on a driveway or patio. Let them sit and at the end of the day, pull them out carefully, and set them on the driveway/patio and hose off. They should be sparkly clean. If there are a few tough spots use a steel wool pad to scrub, ( it will take very little elbow grease to get any left over gunk off).