Does anyone have a guide to taking apart my dryer and cleaning it?

My dryer is clogged in the back of the drum...there are supposed to be open vent holes in the back of the dryer(inside) but they are clogged due to improper venting in my apartment. I have had the landlord come and clean the vent to the outside but I need to clean the lint inside my dryer because I KNOW its a fire hazard and I cannot afford a repairman but I am handy with tools and willing to do it myself.

• Fiona Crump Fiona Crump on Jan 23, 2019

I had this exact problem last weekend. I duct taped a hard plastic straw to the end of my vacuum hose attachment. It was able to get in the holes at the back and sucked out the clogged lint. Worked really well!!!

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 23, 2019

Hardendheartt..First make sure you have unplugged the dryer....remove the back and use your vac to start cleaning along with feather duster and some dry/damp cloths. Try toothpicks/dowels/chop sticks or meat skewers should help with vent holes. Good luck...hope it works for you.

• William William on Jan 23, 2019

Usually the back panel screws off for servicing. Make sure it's unplugged.

You can also go to https://www.repairclinic.com/. Punch in make and model number. They have schematics, service guides, trouble shooting, and also sell parts. It's my go to.