How to clean Gas stove?

+2
the one burner gets used most often and gets dirty but it seems some of the stains wont come out tried cleaners with bleach and mr clean erasers but still some stains remain any ideas how to clean it

• Barb Adams Barb Adams on Jun 14, 2018
    Try making a paste of Oxyclean and letting it soak. Use a plastic scrubber when removing. It worked on my stove.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 14, 2018
    If you are talking about the actual burner, the part of the stove that supports the pots and pans, what I do is take it off the stove and put it into a freezer gallon bag, add 1/2 cup ammonia, seal the bag, let it set outside overnight. It is the fumes that clean it, and not the actual liquid ammonia. Open it after (with gloves on) and rinse it well with cold water, be careful with the fumes-which is why you do this outside.

• Eloise Eloise on Jun 15, 2018
    I've had good results using plain alcohol. Lay a cloth on top of the burner, saturate with alcohol, cover with plastic wrap to prevent the alcohol from evaporating, leave for as long as you want, then use a magic eraser to scrub off the residue. If the glass is etched from scratches, this process won't work very well..

• Mac Mac on Jun 15, 2018
    thanks