How do I clean burnt on apples from my turkey roaster?

+2
  • Try sprinkling some baking soda on the burnt areas and then pour a 50/50 mixture of hot water and vinegar on it. Let it sit for a while and scrub with a plastic scrubber sponge.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Oct 24, 2019

I also would use baking soda only made into a paste, let this set overnight and scrub with the rough side of a sponge/scrubbie. Repeat if needed.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 24, 2019

Hi Susan: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (use just a bit of vinegar at first as the cream of tartar sort of melts) and put it on the gunk. Maybe start out with 3 tablespoons of cream of tartar and a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar. Add more of whatever to make a paste. It should stick to a vertical surface if it's thick enough. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. You can use this on any burnt on stuff on just about any surface, even the oven! Good luck

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Oct 30, 2019

Put the pan on the stove add one inch of water and 3 squirts of dish soap then put on low then use a spatula and rub stuck on off