How do I get film off glasses which are washed in dishwasher?

+7

I have used dishwasher detergent with a rinse aid, have water softener and still have a film on my glasses? What can I do? Do I need to clean the dishwasher?

q how do i get film off glasses which are washed in dishwasher
  • Dawn Gagnon Dawn Gagnon on Apr 29, 2018
    I read you can use denture tablets for this. Let us know what you try😁

• Sandra M. Willis Sandra M. Willis on Apr 29, 2018
    Sometimes the polish has been taken off the glass from the chemicals and cannot be restored. The glass material is polished when the glass is manufactured.

• Lynn Lynn on Apr 29, 2018
    Hi Betty, when my dishwasher broke I started washing my dishes by hand and they started to clear up. Most likely because the hard water wasn’t standing on the glass and taking time to dry. I tried Finish with the red ball rinsing agent seemed to help. But try a load with vinegar. Spray the glasses first and put a cup or so in the bottom of your dishwasher before you start load. My have to repeat.

• Barbara German Barbara German on Apr 29, 2018
    Put some vinegar in your dishwasher...leaves glasses sparkling!

• Caroline Forwood Caroline Forwood on Apr 29, 2018
    Vinegar is supposed to work well to desolve water spots and calcium.

• Jan Clark Jan Clark on Apr 29, 2018
    If your glass items are going through the dishwasher a lot and have been for several months, what you may be seeing is not a film on the glass but the strong chemicals and solvents in the cleaners actually etching the glass (which does look like a film). If the above solutions, soaking in vinegar and scrubbing with baking soda or salt does not help, then you have your answer.

• Bon9434758 Bon9434758 on May 03, 2018
    I had the same issue with film on glasses and decided to check the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher. It came right out and was full of residue. I cleaned it in hot soapy water, soaked in white vinegar for a couple of hours,then brushed with a stiff brush. We then ran a dishwasher cleaner tablet product through a cycle without dishes. To clean up the previously cloudy glasses, I used a magic sponge. The next load of dishes came out
    great!

• Steph Delp Steph Delp on Jul 20, 2021

I'm wondering what kind of glass this is? I have one similar? Is this vintage

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 01, 2021

Some glasses should never be put in the dishwasher at all. It is cheaper and quicker to wash by hand! That way the chemicals can do them no harm! I have noticed over time my Pyrex goes scratchy and cloudy too!