How do you get ink out of your drier?

+6
My son forgot that there was a pen in his jeans pocket. The pen broke and now I have ink on the inside walls of my drier. I have scrubbed and then scrubbed some more. I cannot get it out. It is not transferring to clothes but I would still like to get it out. Help please.
  • Stephanie Dixon Wright Stephanie Dixon Wright on Jun 08, 2017
    Plain old rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover should do the trick. I've had this happen before and both have worked in the dryer and on clothing! Good luck!

• Jeanette Whittaker Jeanette Whittaker on Jun 08, 2017
    Not too sure about this but I would try rubbing alcohol, and theres always google

• Suzette Suzette on Jun 08, 2017
    You may want to try a Mr. Clean extra strength eraser. Or, this link has some good information! http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-an-Ink-Stain-from-a-Dryer-Drum

• Rodger Tucker Rodger Tucker on Jun 08, 2017
    Sand Paper.(emory cloth)

• Try nail polish remover. WD40 might work too.

• Tammy Tammy on Jun 08, 2017
    Finger nail polish remover, get the kind that has acotain in it.

• Ell14409386 Ell14409386 on Jun 09, 2017
    I raised 2 sons, I always had ink in my dryer.
    Get some 91% Alcohol from your local pharmacy, or Walmart. Any
    brand of Alcohol as long as it's 91%
    When your dryer is COLD Not Cool. . . Alcohol is very combustable, FLAMMABLE. Any kind of spark will set it off, you never know. Even the spark to warm the water in your Hot water heater! If they're both in the same room. I used to do this at nite/.Just sayin' I let dry overnight. :D

Take an old clean, preferably White or light colored cloth. I love old Tshirts and Diapers for this! Pour Alcohol onto your cloth and immediately wipe where the ink is. If this doesn't work I'd be amazed... You may have to clean the same spot a couple of times to get through the pigments or dyes of the ink.

Also, Alcohol takes out most colors, except Reds. Just fades the red, or red types of color such as purple. It makes easy removal of: markers, pens, paint, dye just about everything known to man!! lol Works on any fabric that is WASHABLE. ( that I know of)
    I USED IT ON THE WHITE CATHOLIC SCHOOL UNIFORMS!
    Hope this helps you. The school mom's loved it!
    Ellen T.

Nail polish remover leaves a ring, at least when I tried it 30 yrs ago.
    Also WD 40 is a Petrolium type of product, and will eat some fabrics, I used on a fine blouse, left oil ring and didn't get rid of stain.