How to clean a dirty glass cooktop

+3
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 06, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/cleaning/appliances/stoves

• Vickie Raymond Vickie Raymond on Jan 06, 2018
    Wipe clean of anything that will remove, then apply a sprinkling of baking soda. Cover with wet towels that are wet but not dripping. Go to bed. Tomorrow morning, use the (now barely damp) towels to wipe up. Launder the towels. Done! (If the towels are completely dry when you return, spritz to damp before removing.)

• Brenda St John Brenda St John on Jan 06, 2018
    I use Weiman cooktop daily cleaner and then I use Cerama Bryte. After every use and it cools down I spray it down with the daily cleaner sometimes I let it set for a minute or two. The cerama bryte is more of a paste and will help get the hard spots out. I've also found that if I will Brillo pad the bottoms of my pans after each use there's less stuff on the bottom of it that will make spots on the stove. The brown thing laying there is a plastic scraper that I got years ago through Tupperware. Hope this helps

• Jeri McAllister Jeri McAllister on Jan 06, 2018
    I use spray-on oven cleaner on mine; let it sit 15 minutes or so, then wipe with damp cloth; finish up with window cleaner. Looks like new! (if it is really crusted with burnt-on stuff, you might need to scrape it first with a paint scraper before spraying with the oven cleaner. Jeri

• Cindy Klepper Cindy Klepper on Jan 06, 2018
    Use a single edge razor blade.

• Jks15257918 Jks15257918 on Jan 06, 2018
    I had a glasstop stove and used bar keepers friend on it regularly. My glass top was cream. And it cleaned up nicely every single time no matter what kind of mess I made. Would love to have another one.