How to clean burnt on food in my pressure cooker.

+7

I put chicken and bbq sauce in my NEW pressure cooker. Placed it on an electric burner coil. It burnt the bbq sauce into a thick layer of charcoal lol

I've scraped a lot of the crud off but I can't get the rest of it off for the life of me! Plus the pot and the lid smell like a campfire. How do I clean my Instant Pot?

q how to clean burnt on food in my pressure cooker
  • Amanda Amanda on Jan 04, 2018
    Hi Daret. Try using bar keepers friend. It is what I use to clean up my burnt on pans. I put it in the pot with a little water and then use a scrubber sponge and scrub away. It still take elbow grease but does work. I have even had pans that I was going to toss thinking I could never get them cleaned, but it works great!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 04, 2018
    baking soda and water into a paste,bar keepers friend,bon ami

• Preventec47 Preventec47 on Jan 04, 2018
    No you silly goat. Use Oven cleaner to remove burned on food from the inside of the pot. Treat it just like a dirty oven.

• Paymetotellyou Paymetotellyou on Jan 04, 2018
    Heat white vinegar in it. Let it sit awhile. Scrub.

• Sharon Depatie Sharon Depatie on Jan 04, 2018
    Baking soda & white vinegar paste over whole burned surface. Put on low heat, then turn heat off & let sit awhile before scrubbing. Don’t scratch your surface, just repeat the warm soda & vinegar step. Also (if nothing else works), boiling a little water & 2 or 3 BOUNCE sheets in it for 10min. may do the trick.

• Tyn31994550 Tyn31994550 on Jan 04, 2018
    put inside the pot a fabric softener dryer sheet in a little hot water..., let it sit over night..., next morning take a sponge and just gently remove the burned food... (your pot looks good, so maybe one hour will be enough)

• Lorna Latrace Lorna Latrace on Jan 07, 2018
    I've used spic n span. Soak. Scrub w St steel curly thing. Take a break n do again if you have to.

• April April on Jan 07, 2018
    I did this often when first got my instant pot. I tried the Bar Keepers with no luck. This worked best for me. Put in a few drops of Dawn dish detergent, saturate well with baking soda & a small amount of water....maybe 1/2 inch. Bring to a strong boil for a few minutes, let set then wash out. You may have to scrape a little but use plastic scraper. Be sure to watch while boiling so you don’t boil it dry due to the small amount of water. I now use the plastic crock pot liners in my instant pot and they work like a charm! Good Luck!