I have a fiberglass shower stall that is impossible to clean. HELP!

+7
I have tried everything on it. I don't even care if I scratch it, I just want it clean. I've already tried the baking soda, vinegar, and dish detergent. It did not work. The only thing that cleans the bottom, a little, is straight bleach and I have to leave it there for hours.
  • Cindy Cindy on May 25, 2017
    Hi Joan. I used to have that same problem at our old house and the only thing that worked for me was Scrubbing Bubbles "foam". (It's the can with the blue cap). This also has to set for 10-15 mins. before scrubbing with a non-abrasive scrub pad. Use an old tooth brush for the corners. Good luck. From: Cindy

• Have you tried hydrogen peroxide? I have a fiberglas one too, can't stand it either, feel your pain. Has worked for me.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 25, 2017
    Try making a paste with powdered dishwasher detergent ie: cascade. spread the paste all over the surface. Lightly scrub it in. the longer you wait the better it works. Then Scrub it a little and rinse off.

• William William on May 26, 2017
    Easy Off Oven No Fume Cleaner in the BLUE can. Spray it on, let it foam and sit for a while. Rinse away.

• Jean Jean on May 26, 2017
    me too, fiberglass, 20 year old tub shower. Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer, non aerosol works amazingly well on grime, soap residue, and hard water grunge (at Target). I use a Dobie pad (brand name, does NOT scratch) and follow bottle directions, some areas maybe 2 applications with scrubbing. Not easy, but shower and tub actually shine like new when done! Really!! Dobie pad can be cleaned with warm water under faucet and used again several times. This foamer works great on any fiberglass surface. Been using it for decades!!

• Yht22402971 Yht22402971 on May 27, 2017
    Try comet and a hard brush

• Aha22721597 Aha22721597 on May 27, 2017
    I use Barkeepers Friend. Also use half white vinegar half dawn dish detergent after showering.

• Gina Gina on May 27, 2017
    Try just covering the bottom with water add 2 denture cleaning tablets let it sit overnight drain and rinse.

• Lisa Wiedenhoefer Lisa Wiedenhoefer on May 27, 2017
    I just tried a scoop of OxyClean, about a cup of Dawn, and about a cup of LemiShine Detergent Booster (with the dishwasher cleaners). I ran the water as hot as I could get it, stopped up the drain and filled the base as much as I could, and let it sit overnight. Next morning I used a Dobie pad and lightly scrubbed the whole thing down with the solution in it then rinsed it all away. I had little non slip patches that I have never been able to scrub clean and the whole thing was shiny and sparkling afterwards. I think I am going to try the solution on the shower walls with a spray bottle, obviously that won't be an overnight deal though. Good luck.

• Debra Edds Debra Edds on May 29, 2017
    C L R