I know I've seen the answer to my question awhile back, but how can you clean the dishwasher racks, top & bottom?

+6
Will be putting the house on the market soon & the dishwasher is in good condition otherwise.
  • 3po3 3po3 on Sep 07, 2012
    Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but this thread should answer your question: http://www.hometalk.com/477760/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher

• Dominique R Dominique R on Sep 08, 2012
    What is not listed in the link above is Tang. Just fill up your cup(s) with Tang- it is pretty amazing what this beverage can do to the internals of a dishwasher. Smells good too!

• 3po3 3po3 on Sep 08, 2012
    Dominique, do you have to buy Tang from astronauts on Ebay or can you actually still find it in regular stores.

• Terri J Terri J on Sep 12, 2012
    I also saw where lemonade mix put where your soap would normally go does an excellent job. Just make sure it is the real lemonade w/ citrus in it. I have never personally used it, but have seen the results - looked like new again,

• Dominique R Dominique R on Oct 17, 2012
    Hi Steve- that is a good question :)- I'd start with Wal-Mart tho... since I have a new dishwasher (just completed a kitchen for our new 300 year old home), so haven't had a need for it.

• Capernius Capernius on Jan 27, 2016
    what about vinegar? I still do dishes the old fashioned way, so I don't know if this would work or not....

• Centsably Creative Centsably Creative on Apr 30, 2016
    Throw a cup or two of vinegar in the bottom and turn it on. also there is a product made by boost that works really well. walmart carries it near the rinse agents. not cheap though.

• Dshanbrom Dshanbrom on Mar 05, 2018
    Lowes sells diswasher cleaning tablets meant to do exactly what you want.

• Dfm Dfm on Mar 05, 2018
    2 tbs. of Citrice acid..found in the canning isle..in one of the dispensers.