Trying to clean the silver trays under the burner on my electric stove

+4
I WAS SURE i READ THAT SOMEONE SUGGESTED CREAM OF TARTAR???? hOW DO YOU USE THIS AND WITH ANY OTHER INGREDIENT?

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 07, 2018
    The trays will normally come off... (the elements pull out and the trays lift off) put in a big pot with water and 2 halved lemons... simmer at least 1 hour and then scrub.... Before I got my glass top stove... i would put the trays in the dishwasher at least once a week... and you CAN buy replacements... most hardware and big box stores carry them (even Walmart).. and they usually run about $10 for the big ones)

• I haven't hear of using cream of tartar, but I have heard using dish soap and baking soda works.

• Ann Ann on Jan 07, 2018
    Rub a paste of baking soda and water on it

• Kmc29692972 Kmc29692972 on Jan 07, 2018
    Take them off, but them in a black garbage bag with 1/2 cup ammonia. Sit them in the sun for several hours. VERY CAREFULLY open the bag (outside) and remove. The yuck should wipe or easily scrub off. Watch out when you open that bag or you will knock yourself over with the fumes!! I've done this for years, even with cookie sheets, oven racks, etc. Works like a charm. Might want to wear rubber gloves if your hands are sensitive as ammonia will burn.

• Barbara Barbara on Jan 07, 2018
    Dawn and baking soda.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 07, 2018
    make a paste of cream of tarter and lemon juice

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jan 07, 2018
    Walmart sells 4-packs of the silver drip pans. They're more expensive than they were years ago when I used to buy them, but sometimes you just have to save your energy and start over!