What is an easy way to clean drip pans for stove eyes?

• Dfm Dfm on Jul 08, 2018
    periodically, mine go in the dish washer. if you remove them their might be gunk under them wash it out.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jul 08, 2018

Hi Betsy,

When I had a gas stove first, I'd let them soak in hot water. When the water cools a bit, I'd let out the water then, I'd wipe them off and add baking soda along the inside of the drip pans. Rub that in a bit and let them sit for about 10 mins. Next I'd use plain white vinegar on top of the baking soda. This will cause a bubbling action that should clean off the rest of the stuff on the drip pans. Let the combination sit for another 10 mins then use a sponge to scrub off anything that's left. I'd add the pans to soapy water for a final wash or put them in my dishwasher. Wishing you the best.

• Dee Dee on Jul 08, 2018

The easiest way I have found is spray the pan with grill and oven cleaner. Seal the pan in a large plastic bag, let sit over night or two. Then all you have to do is hose it down.