What product works to clean my gas stove top? Impossible to clean.

+3
  • Mary Ellen Reed Mary Ellen Reed on Jun 01, 2017
    Baking soda

• TnKaren TnKaren on Jun 01, 2017
    For grease splatters and crusty stuff, I use a razor blade. Wipe off residue, then use a product I get at Walmart called, "Clean It", by Carbona. They are treated cloths, 20 to a package.
    Wipe it on the stove top, let it sit a couple minutes and Wipe it off. It works Great! And not expensive, a couple dollars.
    They have one for Microwave ovens too. Haven't used that one though. I use it whenever I have marks that don't wipe off with the dish cloth.
    Hope this helps.

• Why? What makes it impossible to clean? If grease just dawn on a sponge ought to do it. If caked on make a paste with baking soda and cover with a damp paper towel to loosen. Try to wipe down the stove every time you use it to make your life easier.

• Pat Ruge Pat Ruge on Jun 04, 2017
    I don't have a glass top stove, but I do make clean the glass on my oven, and the glass on my Ronco Rotisserie with baking soda. You can make a paste and spread it on - water + baking soda. As it dries I spritz it with vinegar water to keep it moist for about an hour. You can cover it with a plastic bag to help keep it from drying out. After a bit, take the blue sponge scrubby side and swirl it around to lift the debris. The blue sponge will not scratch your surface. That should work.

Option #2. take a small container and put about 1/4 cup ammonia and place it in the middle of the stove. Then cover with a plastic trash bag and seal it down as best you can, either tape or water the edge. The fumes from the ammonia will lift the grease and you merely wipe it down. Again use the scrubby side of the blue sponge. Leave it covered for about 2-3 hours. The ammonia is a bit overwhelming at first, but once covered, the smell dissipates quickly.

Do no use a razor, you will scratch the surface. Let us know which you choose and the results.

• Annalee C Mcphilomy Annalee C Mcphilomy on Jun 04, 2017
    walmart has a cleaner in a round can that really works weiman brand stove cleaner MAX

• Lne23802809 Lne23802809 on Jun 04, 2017
    Armstrong Multi Purpose cleaner. the only cleaner you'll ever need !