Best way to clean your shower

+2
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jul 06, 2018

Hi Mattie,

I use vinegar & water (50/50 mix) with a few drops of dishwashing detergent. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse & polish it. It makes mine sparkle. Wishing you the best.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jul 06, 2018
    We found the BEST way (your word) was with a Hurricane Turbine scrubber. We gout ours on line, but you can get them at Walmart and probably other retailers now. It is great to reach hard to reach areas too like behind the commode etc. and other places like the tires on the car etc. It comes with a charger and a bag with 4 or 5 brushes. GREAT for any hard scrubbing, even the top of the stove!

• Kelly Kelly on Jul 06, 2018

I have a fiberglass insert that is heck to keep clean. Someday, it WILL be replaced. Between now and then, this is my method: Bathroom with window open and ventilator on. Spray oven cleaner onto fiberglass in an even layer, EXCEPT BOTTOM OF SHOWER/TUB. Let sit 15 minutes. Wearing long sleeves, cap, glasses and gloves and shoes, STAND in shower and scrub the heck out with a green nylon pad. Rinse as you go. Standing in the shower gives you more power and reach than standing beside it. Once walls and sides are done, get out, repeat procedure for bottom, but stay outside shower to scrub. This should take care of a bunch of it, and you can now clean it regularly with friendlier products. On a regular ceramic/porcelain finish, I swear by "Bar Keeper's Friend" cleaner. I have been doing move out cleanings for 20 years, and have managed to clean things builders thought would have to be replaced this way.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 06, 2018
    50/50 mix of vinegar and dawn dish soap. Pour into spray bottle. Spray on (turn the exhaust fan on and close the door). About 30 minutes later go back and scrub and rinse. After the initial cleaning just spray the shower down with the same mixture after each use.

• Hi Mattie - This is the most effective spray and method we use. Good luck! Hugs, Holly