How to clean Discolored bath room tile?

+2
My bathroom tile has turned a yellow type color. Not under the throw rugs that area is like new it's the rest of the floor and it is worse closer to the vanity. At first I thought perhaps from the use of hair spray since it is not under the rug. It is in a larger area than what hair spray would reach. It wasn't as noticeable until I bought new rugs which are a bit smaller than the previous rugs. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated on how to remove the problem.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 20, 2018
    What kind of tile is it?

• Jcraw Jcraw on Jun 20, 2018
    I can’t help but think, like you, that it’s some sort of product. That hairspray and other spray hair product goes a lot further than you think, as does spray deodorant, etc.
    For a start, try wiping it down with a Mr Clean eraser and rinse with some vinegar water.

• Brenda Brandt Deason Brenda Brandt Deason on Jun 20, 2018
    It would be great to know what you have tried already and what kind of tile it is. If you are mopping around the rug, it could be from the cleaner you are using, or maybe you have hard water and it is splashing from the vanity. Have you tried scrubbing it? Something like Krud Kutter, which I find in the paint section at Home Depot, cleans just about anything, and sometimes the problem doesn't just wipe away and you have to scrub with force as well.

• Fay Huffaker Fay Huffaker on Jun 20, 2018
    The best thing I ever clean tiles with is pool clear. I bought some and a friend said I have this dark place right front of shower ever. Tried everything. Pool clear used less than directed work well