How do I remove rust and iron from my bath tub and bathtub handles?

+3

My water is really hard and rusty I use salt but the build up on handles makes them stick ... is there any tricks to remove it

• Linda Linda on Mar 05, 2019

Recently my daughter got rid of rust in her bathtub using Bar Keepers Friend. https://amzn.to/2NJhvmE

• William William on Mar 05, 2019

You may need a water softener if you don't have one and possibly an iron filter if you have a well.

• Cindy Cindy on Mar 05, 2019

Hi Sarah. Make a paste with baking soda and white vinegar. Put it on the stains and let it set for 15 minutes. Then scrub it with an old toothbrush. Rinse with clean water and wipe everything up with a clean damp cloth. You may have to repeat if stains are bad. Good luck Sarah.

• Sarah Sarah on Mar 13, 2019

I will try the paste and see what I can come up with it’s on the handles and spout !! I couldn’t figure out how to keep it on there to sit

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Mar 06, 2019

I put CLR or vinegar on paper towel and let it sit on faucets where it's built up you need to move faucet handles around for them to loosen the deposits so they will move freely a stiff tooth brush helps get CLR/vinegar in areas too. I have to do this on mine every 2 mos. due to the hard water but it's cheaper than replacing broken ones mineral/rust deposits can eventually eat pin holes in the fixtures

• Sarah Sarah on Mar 13, 2019

Didn’t think about the paper towel !! I couldn’t figure out how to keep it on the handle !! Thank u