How do you remove grout sealer on glass shower door?

Laurie
by Laurie

How do you remove dried Tile, Stone, Grout Sealer (brand Miracle) that got on the glass shower door and then how do you remove from the polished nickel fixtures?

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 20, 2019

Chemical based sealant strippers are widely used to get rid of grout sealer from tile surface so I would think that would work on a glass shower door also.

• Simple Nature Decor Simple Nature Decor on Jul 20, 2019

A sealant stripper will do

• Little Sprouts Learning Little Sprouts Learning on Jul 21, 2019

I would try a straight edge razor.

• Dee Dee on Jul 21, 2019

You can try a cleaner degreaser from the auto store. OR Home Depot carries a number of different Sealant Removers. I have used the Aqua brand when tiling, and it works well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzIfjSDb9U

• Scrap it off with a blade.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 03, 2021

I'd call the manufacturer to see what products wpuld dissolve it.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 04, 2021

Hi! I use a razor scraper made for glass to remove anything stuck to glass. They are inexpensive and work. Any chemicals used on your metal may damage the finish. Try working it loose with a plastic scraper. A toothbrush and a product like goof off. I had a major mess with adhesive and paint that came off with a lot of elbow grease without damaging metal and concrete that was covered in big splashes of the stuff. Good luck!