How to remove a dark brown ring that has accumulated in my toilet bowl

+5
I have tried some products, but can’t find the right one.... Need Help!!!

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 14, 2018
    have you used a pummis stone?

• Amanda Amanda on Jun 14, 2018
    Hi Bob. I would agree. Try using a pummis stone. It is the only thing that gets rid of the mineral build up in my toilet bowls.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 14, 2018
    plain coke

• Use CLR (calcium, lime, and rust) they also make a toilet bowl cleaner, it is thick so its better for vertical surfaces but if you can't find it the regular stuff works

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jun 14, 2018
    You can use a pumice stone for regular rings. If it's rust, which I had in one of the houses I had, try Whink rust remover. It worked like a charm!

• Lex Lex on Jun 14, 2018
    I had those nasty lines down the inside of the toilet bowl. I tried every product I could find. Initially one would work, then the bowl would remain gross looking. Finally the toilet had to be replaced - not for the discoloration but it was leaking. We live in a small town & the water in our area is awful. I looked in the bottom of the tank & there was about 1 1/2 of dirt. No wonder the toilet looked awful.
    Hopefully a new toilet is not the fix for your problem.

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jun 14, 2018
    Try a Magic Eraser.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 14, 2018
    Try this: flush the toilet so the ring is wet, but tie up the ball cock in back so that the toilet doesn't fill with water. Then, soak several strips of paper towel in hydrogen peroxide and stick that to the wet ring. You can also sprinkle on some baking powder. Leave this on until the paper dries out and falls off. Take the paper, soak it with the hydrogen peroxide again and scrub the ring. You may have to do this a couple of times. Be sure NOT to flush the paper towels, you will have a whole 'nother problem on your hands:) And, don't mix clorox type products with the peroxide, that will make some really noxious and maybe fatal fumes. If you want to try clorox please flush and rinse the toilet first to get rid of the peroxide. Good luck, stay safe.