20yr old carpet, unknown stains! What can I use to clean?

+4
There are various stains, some I have no idea what they ar, can’t afford new floorin! Any suggestions for removing at least some of these stain?

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Jan 05, 2018
    OMG Janice !! 20 years ?? Get rid of it !! Go to any carpet store and buy a carpet remnant ...very very cheap. The only way I do flooring. They are happy to get rid of remnants. Even dollar store stick on carpet tiles are better than living in unknown filth.

• Janice Smith Janice Smith on Jan 06, 2018
      Every time we get money saved, we ALWAYS have to end up spending it on the old trees in the yard, a new appliance, the list goes on and on! We live on a limited income! My huaband was first diagnosed with esophageal cance, then it went to his brai, a spot on his liver and now another spot on his live!
      I’ve been told I have enough on my hands and not to worry about the carpet, but I believe it is what is causing a lot of my allergy problem!!
      I wish I could take care of this filthy carpe! I find myself between a rock and a hard place! I have been doing what I can spot cleaning! It’s hard to try to schedule getting professionals in here when one of the two of us always have a Drs. appointmen!!!
      Thank Everyone Of You For the suggestions!!!

• Phyllis Williams Phyllis Williams on Jan 05, 2018
    Have them professionally cleaned. It is not that expensive. Do you know what type of flooring is underveath?

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Jan 05, 2018
    Maybe you can't afford to not get new flooring. I had a situation with old carpeting that irritated my breathing and caused me to have asthma attacks. We had to rip the carpet out. Those stains my have left mold or mildew on the subfloor. Check into ways to get some inexpensive carpet replacement. If not, hire a professional carpet cleaner.

• Fauxreal Fauxreal on Jan 05, 2018
    hydrogen peroxide poured directly onto stains then scrub with a firm brush and then wipe off any excess dirt with a Terry cloth rag repeat if needed.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on May 01, 2022

Use 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. Spray area liberally and let soak for 5-10 minutes and then proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until stain is removed. Some carpet stain removal products can be of great benefit for combating many types of carpet stains.