Any suggestions to remove car grease from clothes ?

+3
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jul 06, 2018
    Dawn dish soap or Simple Green.. pour on, let set at least over night and wash in the hottest water the material will stand... do not machine dry until you get the stain out.

• Alison Savill Alison Savill on Jul 06, 2018

Cover the grease with liquid dish detergent work the detergent in rinse with water then soak in vinegar for 1 hour then wash as usual but only with laundry detergent

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 06, 2018

I use one of three things, Dawn dishwashing liquid, Tide or Simple Green. All three of them work good on grease. My hubby worked on cars all the time and would get that horrible black grease and oil all over his clothes. I would put it on full strength, let it sit, rub it in and scrub it to get as much as possible. I would add a little water, scrub it again to see if it would all come off. I washed the clothes in Tide, checked them before putting them in the dryer to make sure it was all out. If it wasn't, I would soak it with soap again for a little while, scrub it again and rewash it, and usually at that point it would be gone. There are times that it really never comes out and you have to accept that it has permanently stained the item of clothes.

• Emmen Emmen on Jul 06, 2018

Oxyclean worked for us

• Cheryl Anderson Cheryl Anderson on Jul 07, 2018

Purple Power.

• Carol Harris Carol Harris on Jul 07, 2018
    you might try W-D 40, let it dry or air out first before washing it, I also use to use goop on my husbands clothes, it works well.