How do I clean pillows?

+2
  • Lbdvorak Lbdvorak on Nov 23, 2019

Depends what kind. Some can go in the washing machine & on fluff dry. Some I clean with baby shampoo & a white cloth. It all depends on the pillow. Bed pillow, couch pillow, throw, etc.

• Gk Gk on Nov 23, 2019

What kind of pillows did you need to clean Shirl? Bed pillows or decorative sofa pillows? Outside furniture pillows?

How you clean them will depend on what they are made from-the stuffing inside and material on outside.

Give us a bit more information and we will be glad to help you out!

• What type of pillows? Throw pillows? Bed pillows?

I wash them, even my down pillows. Place in washing machine wiith less detergent than recommended. Use white vinegar in the rinse cup, no fabric softener. And a couple heaping tablespoons of baking soda. I wash mine often, so I wash in cold water. Then I set in sun between beach towels or old sheets to dry, turning often. Then toss in dryer on fluff cycle for a few minutes to plump back up. I wash my down pillows that my mom made in the 50's. Water isn't the enemy, chemicals are, hence less detergent and no fabric softener. I do toss pillows the same way.

• Sharon Sharon on Nov 27, 2019

I spritz them with Spray n Wash for the stains, and put 2-3 in the washer with 1/2c of 20 Mule Team Laundry Borax and laundry soap. When I pull them out at the end, I pull the inner stuffing apart so its not all clumped up. Then as I dry them, I take them out periodically and pull the stuffing out of any clumps and smooth the pillow until they are dry. I do lots of pillows for all my disabled clients regularly cause they get dust mites and cause allergies. I haven't had success with the heavy old feather pillows, they absord way too much water.