How do get salt stains from canvas shoes

+2
  • Cindy Cindy on Jan 01, 2018
    Hello jnelson328, First, try to get as much salt residue off as you can using a damp cloth. Then make a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Dab this solution on the shoes with a clean cloth. Allow to dry. If they are really bad, you might have to repeat.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 01, 2018
    If they are like the old canvas tennis shoes that have nice fabric that can be wet, try rinsing them well in running water and scrub gently with cloth or even your fingers. If you rinse them with the vinegar/water solution, check in a spot that is not noticeable first just to make sure it doesn't change the color, the vinegar water may help with rinsing out the rest of the chemicals out of the fabric.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 01, 2018
    I always throw my canvas shoes in the washer when they need to really be cleaned. I have spot washed them with a brush and Dawn soap in the kitchen sink.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 02, 2018
    You can try blotting it up with diluted vinegar. Otherwise a quick wash in the washing machine should do the trick.