How do I clean car upholstery?

I had a car trash bag that hung from a headrest. The bag had velcro at the bottom so it would be easy to open/close. When emptying it, I found that the velcro had come apart and the adhesive had left a mark on the upholstery. Any ideas about how to remove the marks? Thanks in advance to everyone!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Oct 31, 2019
    Remove the adhesive with GooGone. Velcro comes in rolls if you want to replace it. Use adhesive double-sided tape or sew it on. Some shoe polish or wax should retire leather or plastic. If you no longer wish to use Velcro, find a bag or a child’s apron with strings and a big pocket and tie the apron to a headrest. You might want to put snacks in one apron and plastic bags for trash in another. Best wishes, Jewell

• Ohiorn Ohiorn on Oct 31, 2019

Didn't think of GooGone thanks. Not that much adhesive, more of a mark from adhesive. Velcro was just on the bag itself which I've thrown away.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Oct 31, 2019
    Goof off should work

• Flipturn Flipturn on Sep 08, 2020

Goo Gone and Goof Off are two different products

Goo Gone is a citrus based product while Goof Off is petroleum (acetone) based. Goo Gone has a citrus smell, which is nice to use, unlike the petroleum odor of Goof Off. But acetone does not leave any greasy residue as Goo Gone.

Here is an excellent article comparing the pros and cons of each:

https://repairart.net/goo-gone-vs-goof-off