How to get rid of cigarette smoke from a leather handbag?

+2
I bought a leather handbag in the thrift store when I got home I discover it smelled sigaret smoke.

• Kat Kat on Jul 09, 2018

The best thing that I have found for removing odors is baking soda. Get a plastic garbage bag pour the baking soda in it and pour some inside the purse, I would say that you should use the whole pound box. Let the purse sit in the bag for 3 or 4 days. Check and see if the odor is gone if not just leave for another few days,

• Kathy Barekman Kathy Barekman on Jul 09, 2018
    I'd fill it with baking soda, you can purchase in 4 lb, amounts. Then change it every other day. Also, I would add a couple of drops essential oil.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Jul 09, 2018
    Cigarette smoke is a tough on but try putting it in an airtight container with charcoal briquettes, taking care to not let them touch. You can use the briquettes later to grill. Scentless cat litter also absorbs odors, as will boxes of baking soda. Airing it where you have great airflow would be the final step. Just keep at it and you'll eventually be successful!

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jul 09, 2018
    Place the bag in a small room or closet and ozone it with an ozone machine. You can rent them.