How to remove food stain from black crepe dress

+1
this dress is beaded and cannot be dry cleaned

• What is the stain? I have had good luck blotting with club soda - turn the garment inside out.

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 10, 2017
    If the stain has dried on the beading, use a toothbrush and get out as much as possible. Then Naomie is correct, use club soda to get out the stain in the fabric. Good luck.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 10, 2017
    The direction probably say “dry clean” or “spot clean”. Whether the food stain is oil-based, like nacho cheese, or sugar-based, like cherries on a cheesecake, I suggest the same formula. A tiny bit of water and a drop of Dawn or Woolex, dabbed with a wash cloth or microfiber sponge or cloth, should do the job. Work from the back of the cloth first. Dab enough to barely wet the back and let it sit for about five minutes. Then dab the back with the solution again. Turn to the front and gently dab from the front. Let this sit for five minutes. Then use a dry washcloth or microfiber sponge or cloth and press down on the front and the back to dry the area and remove the food stain. By beginning from the back and two dabs of the solution, you are soaking the stain without stretching the dress. By dabbing and drying the front, you are using your hand to press the area without disturbing the beads. The stain should be gone. Best wishes. 😇

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 10, 2017
    If all else fails - I had such a dress, and I prepared a solution of dishwashing liquid and tepid water. I dipped the dress - and rinsed. If the beads are sewn on it would fare better than glued on. Then hang to dry.