How can I clean out pet urine smells from carpeting?

+1
  • Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Oct 21, 2019

Hi Jennifer, sorry you have urine smell in your carpet. Hope this helps you How to remove pet stains and odors | The Humane Society of ...

1. https://www.humanesociety.org › resources › how-remove-pet-stains-and-...

Follow these steps to clean up stains and get rid of odors when your dog or cat pees ... Add a one-pound box of baking soda to your regular detergent and wash as ... Avoid using steam cleaners to clean urine odors from carpet or upholstery.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 22, 2019

Hey Peggy: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.

• LibraryKAT LibraryKAT on Oct 26, 2019

Use Nature's Miracle. It is available at Pet Smart and other stores.