How do I clean mold and mildew off of my microfiber couch?

+5

How do I get rid of mold and mildew on my microfiber couch?

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Aug 04, 2019

Apply the suds to the couch, focusing on the moldy areas. Alternatively, you can use equal parts rubbing alcohol or white vinegar and water. You can also use 1 qt. of warm water and 2 tbsp. of ammonia. Rub the upholstery with the sponge to remove any mold, rinsing and wringing the sponge as you go

• Em Em on Aug 04, 2019

I've got to ask how did you couch get mold and mildew on it in the first place? Was it in storage?

• See 1 previous
    • Em Em on Aug 06, 2019

I thought so. Just wanted to be sure. Hope all of the help here gets you couch clean.

You can also use 1 qt. of warm water and 2 tbsp. of ammonia. Rub the upholstery with the sponge to remove any mold, rinsing and wringing the sponge as you go. If you use alcohol, rinse the upholstery with a clean, damp sponge. Dry the couch completely in a well-ventilated area or in the sunlight.

• Deb K Deb K on Aug 05, 2019

Hi Karen, this hopefully helps you

To remove a large quantity of mold from upholstery, mix mild soap or detergent and water until it's full of suds then wipe only the suds onto the upholstery and rub thoroughly into the fabric. Follow by wiping the area with a clean, damp cloth to remove the soap.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Aug 05, 2019

I would use a steam cleaner.

• My husband always rents one of those carpet cleaners from the store (Walmart, grocery store) for the day and then he gets Spot Gone and some other cleaner and cleans the entire couch. You could get a soft comb brush, too for the moldy spots. It makes our couch like new!

• Karen Marie Karen Marie on Aug 05, 2019

Thanks everyone