How do I get rid of the smell of dog urine in my carpet?

+4

• Lolita Lolita on Jun 30, 2020

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• William William on Nov 12, 2018

You need an enzyme cleaner. Pet stores have a lot of products. Natures Miracle is a good one.

• Mona Blake Mona Blake on Nov 12, 2018

Talk to Pet Smart or your local pet shop. They carry cleaners that remove urine.

• Betsy Betsy on Nov 12, 2018

Hi Chelsea: Those dogs:) I had carpeting pulled up after 40 years only to find that the cats used one corner as a potty! Talk about stink:( For some reason I couldn't smell it until I pulled the carpet up:/ I got a product called OdorMute. Sometimes Pet Supplies Plus carries it and some Walmart's, or you can get it on-line. It's a granule and you mix it with warm water. I sprayed the area from the top and from the bottom, going into the basement to do that. I used a goodly amount, but not soaking the wood so it would swell. I left it for a day, resprayed and the smell is gone. This stuff is amazing, you can wash the pets in it if they get sprayed by skunks, wash your clothes and just everything. Cats peed on my son's baseball pants. He hid them in a plastic bag and I found them several years later. I put them in a pail of water with the OdorMute and they came out smell free and really white. It should work on your floor, it works on everything. And, it's earth friendly, has no odor of it's own, and made in the USA! You need something that is an enzyme eater, that's what makes the smell, the enzymes, and this stuff has that! Spray your carpet and let dry. I highly recommend this product! :) Good luck

• Chelsea Kaye Chelsea Kaye on Nov 13, 2018

Thanks everyone for your advice I'll give things a try

• Janet Janet on Dec 03, 2019

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

I know how frustrating it must be for you if you have a dog that just won’t learn how to potty outside. You’ve probably tried all sorts of training techniques that you found online or in a book at the library and nothing worked. At least, that’s what happened to me...

Me and my hubby were able to find a solution and I’ll always be thankful that we did, because since then we have had no problem teaching my foster dogs where to potty – and I can do it within a couple of days.

I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

Don't waste time sister! The more times your dog goes to the bathroom inside your home the harder it will be to break him of this habit.

Take action now and permanently stop your dog from using the bathroom inside before it's too late!

Here's the guide we used that shows you how to completely potty train any dog or puppy quickly and easily in 7 days or less...

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor and the stains! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?