How to clean hardwoood floors?

+5
The people we bought our home from had a dog who liked to slobber all over the hardwood floor. Unfortunately they never wiped it up and now no matter what I use I can't get the spots off the floor. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jun 16, 2018
    Bona is the best cleaner for hardwood floors.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 16, 2018
    Try the rejuvenation wood floor care system by Bona

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jun 16, 2018
    Oh.... Hardened dog spit.... Yuk! Yes, I've cleaned my share of it professionally and it is very difficult to remove. I don't think Bona will cut it. Have you tried Pinesol? When I have a very dirty wood floor, I use a microfiber flat mop. Mix just a tablespoon or two of Pinesol in warm water. When you go to mop, wring the microfiber until nearly dry. Mop an area, rinse frequently and be sure to wring out the microfiber. You don't want to use this method on wood floors all the time, but it should cut the slobber. You might need to repeat this method a couple of times. Once you have a shiny wood floor again. Fix up a spray bottle with equal parts water, vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Add 3 drops dishsoap. Use the flat mop dry or just slightly damp. Spray solution on floor and mop. This is the maintenance cleaner I use. My issue with Bona is that it tends to build up over time. I use this recipe instead.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jun 16, 2018
    Try washing it with Murphys Oil Soap, follow the directions on the bottle. You can purchase this in the supermarket.