How to clean stained carpet.

• Depends on what the stains are? I have my carpets professionally cleaned on a regular basis.

See if this helps any?

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 28, 2018
    I recommend a product called Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. It comes in a can and there is a brush on the lid. My husband, who used to work for a school district, used this product in the schools. It's easy to use. Just spray the foam on the stain, let it sit a minute, then scrub with the brush. The foam will disappear and so will the stain. Best wishes.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 28, 2018
    I clean the carpets of my disabled clients all the time, and I even do some mercy cleaning jobs. I swear by my Hoover SteamVac with Surge cleaning.
    I will state that most of these jobs are carpets that haven't been cleaned in years.
    I use a commercial carpet cleaner I get in the gallon thats for heavy traffic and pets from True Value (red bottle). If its pet stains, I use a spray pet enzyme cleaner to pre-spot on it first. Then I also get the Homestore Foam Carpet Cleaner and the liquid in the spray bottle too from the Dollar Tree. I prespot the carpet with the Homestore Liquid Carpet cleaner. Then I shampoo the rug, not getting it too wet, run over it several times to suck up the dirty water, and then wet and shampoo again. If I have stubborn areas, then I spray it with the carpet foam and use a carpet brush on a long handle to work it. Then run over it with the cleaner a couple more times. I run box fans over it to dry it out, and I also try to pick a sunny, fairly hot day and open up all the windows.
    I just did my 85 year old clients carpets that hadn't been done in 4 years. She said I did a better job than the 2 companies she paid $200 to clean them the last 2 times.