How to dissolve adhesive glue on tiles?

+3

I've removed my shower and want to leave the wall tiles in places but some have glue residue stuck to them. I've tried wd40 but that's not worked. Any clues anyone?

• Em Em on Jan 19, 2019

Use a razor blade sticker scraper.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 19, 2019

Goo Gone is one product that works well on glue. Since the glue is on tile, can you use a single edged razor and scrape it off?

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 19, 2019

Try heating up the glue with a blow drier or heat gun and scraping. Acetone or lacquer thinner may also work

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jan 19, 2019

The tiles are ceramic, yes? If the two above solutions don’t work, try 100% acetone. It will melt plastic and paint.

• Lisa Motley Lisa Motley on Jan 19, 2019

I have dissolve glue/adhesive with vinegar. Put the vinegar on the glue/adhesive and let it set 20-30 minutes, wipe it up, and rinse the vinegar. If there’s a lot, you may have to let it soak longer.

• Emma Emma on Jan 19, 2019

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions. I will try several (as there is quite a lot of glue) and see what works best. Thanks again.