What is the easiest and fastest way to remove multiple layers of paint

From a concrete porch... I've been working on this for over a month and only have a small area completely removed... I've used 3 gallons of paint stripper already. Some places say to put it on thick and cover with saran wrap which I tried... I actually tried with a heavy layer and with a thinner layer - it didn't make a difference. On those places, all, except the bottom layer came off... I've gotten the bottom layer off where I did by scrubbing with a wire brush and steel wool. I've pressire washed it- my next water bill is probably going to be really high. I've used vinegar, catsup, something called two minute stripper, something called extreme stripper, and some stuff the guy behind the counter suggested .. I've found that it doesn't matter how long I leave the stripper on, the same amount comes off... I've got it down to where is stained around half the porch and about a 2x6 area completely clean. I started this because it was painted last summer and looked awful three months later. I would've already used muriatic acid, but there are no drain holes on the porch and is surrounded by cobblestone which has been well maintained and is 103 years old. It also has some very old rose bushes around the porch which I do not think I can move. If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate them. This has eaten up time, money and energy that I don't have a lot more of... I just want it bare so I don't have to paint it again and so it looks nice. Thank you!

• Maura Maura on Jun 26, 2018
    I would say try a heat gun but it will take you a long time. maybe a heavy duty sander from a rental place? And really heavy grit paper. I have sanded a concrete interior floor and although feels great nice and soft, the grit was not enough to remove all the carpet glue. Then even if it doesn't all come off you can stain it with a concrete satin and the imperfections only add to the look. At my house I always say child labor is alive and well!! Takes a serious bribe with that said!

• Deanna Maidwell Deanna Maidwell on Jun 26, 2018
      I may yet try that because I've noticed that the on the hot days, it seems like the pressure washer works more... I would just stain it, if I didn't want to ever paint it again... They used a concrete paint last year and that's what was peeling three months later...

• Franklinrawley Franklinrawley on Jun 26, 2018
    I have taken off about 20 paint layers on an antique urn and I used Forby's products. I did use this in the sun, so that may have sped up the process, but this stuff is great. you might want to at least look at that.

Most of the strippers I've used and looked at say that when they dry out, they stop working, but I'll look into that product. I appreciate your response.

• You might want to look into a sander.

That was one of the first things I tried (I forgot to mention...) after the first stripper didn't really work... I also bought an automatic paint scraper for a saw all-time they don't work and break after like two minutes... The I've tried different grit sandpaper and it's been suggested that I use a diamond grit now... It just seems like that would take forever.... I'm just not certain about the muriatic acid... Thank you for your suggestion!