How to remove stuck on food from wood

+2
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 30, 2017
    this is for cabinets but should be the same porcess. http://homeguides.sfgate.com/clean-wood-cabinets-food-stuck-97183.html

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 30, 2017
    I would use some kind of oil to soften it - maybe Goo Gone or WD-40 but if it's unsealed wood, you'll need to do the whole area to keep it looking the same. Once it's oiled, you may be able to gently scrape or wash some of it off. I hope that helps. Wishing you the best & Happy New Year!

• Sheryl Gregory Sheryl Gregory on Dec 30, 2017
    First, is it a wooden dish, wall, or floor?
    Use a plastic or nylon scraper to carefully remove as much as possible. Don't gouge. Then, use a product made for cleaning that type of floor. Following directions, spray or wipe on, then wipe off with a cloth or a floor cleaning (lg) swiffer-type long-handled drying tool made for the job. Look where wood flooring & cleaners are sold. Repeat as necessary until the food is completely gone. Do not over wet the wood & be sure you check to be sure you're not removing the sealer that protects the wood. If it's a huge job, I'd consult someone who's more experienced with the various products on the market and can help you choose the right ones for your wood.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 30, 2017
    Heat will help, try a hot, damp cloth