Best product to get pet smells and stains out of carpet?

+6
  • Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Dec 17, 2017
    Using baking soda and water, combine the two ingredients into a small bowl to make a paste.
    Apply the paste to the affected area. It’s best to use gloves to avoid any direct contact with the urine stain.
    Next, pour enough distilled white vinegar over the area to cover the stain.
    Using a clean towel or paper towels, press the stain to blot up any moisture.
    Repeat steps 1 through 4 again, no more than two times.

Rinse the stained area with water and blot using a towel. If you have a hairdryer, try drying the carpet with it for a few minutes. The vinegar smell may stick around for up to a few days, but then the urine smell will disappear.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 17, 2017
    natures miracle....

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 17, 2017
    WE have our own shampooer and we use Simple Green for the shampoo. We put concentrate in it equal to the amount suggested for regular carpet shampoo. It is both a disinfectant and deodorizer. Go over it twice if you need to. We use Simple Green for all our cleaning as it is non-toxic and works!

• Suz Suz on Dec 17, 2017
    We were told as we left the Shelter that Joe might be a “leg lifter”. We had no idea what that meant. He peed on everything for fifteen years. Nature’s Miracle was truly a miracle.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 17, 2017
    I always use vinegar to get out the urine odor and have never had a problem with carpet, but I always check in a spot somewhere behind furniture or somewhere where it won't be noticeable to make sure it doesn't change the texture or color. Make sure that you get it deep enough in case it is into the padding or the floor below. You will smell the vinegar until it dries, then check to make sure the odor is gone. I have used this for both dog and smelly cat urine. with great success. The vinegar will also take care of any bacteria or mold or mildew that may be forming underneath.

• Anne Zellner Pettijohn Anne Zellner Pettijohn on Dec 17, 2017
    20 Mule Team Borax will even get out cat urine and it’s smell! I had a rental house which the renters had snuck in about 5 cats and the carpet was horrible. I couldn’t afford to replace it so I sprinkled the borax on the floor, saturated the carpet and pad with water and came back the next day with a wet/dry vac. Not only was there ZERO cat urine smell, it lifted every stain off of the now-new appearing carpet!

• Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Dec 18, 2017
    i find Resolve in the red bottle works really well

• Nature's Miracle is the best for any surface. Sold at Walmart, Target, general dollar, n online. Have a 16+ yr old white shepherd who doesn't always make it thru the doggie door... And two more getting up there.
    Have had up to 11 rescues at home... I train them all for service. The elder is my heart alert dog for all these years!! This is all we use. I'm told by all visitors that they didn't realize I had any dogs...
    I like clean n neat.
    Good luck!