How to Clean pots that have burnt cooking oil?

+2
  • Tammy Tammy on Jun 17, 2017
    Make a paste with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and spread over burnt areas. Let sit at least a couple hours or over night before scrubbing out.

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 17, 2017
    Sometimes a water and baking soda paste works to remove the oil. Apply the paste, let it dry then rub off with sos pad (if it is stainless steel) or a soft sponge (if it is non-stick).

• Reg25245766 Reg25245766 on Jun 18, 2017
    I've used white vinegar. Pour at least 2 inches into pot, bring to a boil for two mins. Let cool and then pour about two tablespoons of baking soda and let sit overnite and then use a scouring pad that won't scratch pot. Before using baking soda make sure pot is in sink as the chemical reaction may cause it to spill over.

• Vonnie Turner Vonnie Turner on Jun 19, 2017
    I put baking soda on the bottom, then white vinegar and Dawn dish soap. Bring it to a boil and then let sit overnight. Next day wash with what you would normally scrub your pans with. You will be amazed as it will look good as new.

• Pamelalounsbery Pamelalounsbery on Jun 19, 2017
    I have read hot water and a dryer sheet let set over night I have not tried it