Cleaning ornaments ?

+3
I have some Christmas star shaped ornaments that appear to possibly
be a heavy silver, silver in color also. They have some scratches on them.
Can anyone tell how to clean them ? Idealize this isn't a garden or home ?.
Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you in advance. For anyone reading this, wishes of Christmas blessings !

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 06, 2017
    The ornaments are still a home thing. If you have had them for a while, like years, and they are still silver, they most likely are silver plate or another metal. I would try using plain toothpaste, they would be labeled original and a rag and toothbrush for any little details. This can be used on lots of metals without damaging the metal as long as there is no whitening, grit, etc. in it. If it is stainless, etc. I am not sure how to get the scratches fixed, but maybe some kind of wax would fill them in like they do on a car and make them not so noticeable. I hope this helps you at least a little. Have a great Holiday Season!

• Eileen Irene Eileen Irene on Dec 06, 2017
      Nancy, I am happy to try your idea.It's certainly worth a try. Thank you so much . Wishes of Christmas blessings.
      Eileen Becerra

• Elaine Elaine on Dec 07, 2017
    Can you take a photograph sometime to show us your stars?

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 07, 2017
    You can purchase silver foil and re-foil the stars. It's a fun project.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 08, 2017
    Yes, a photo of your ornaments would facilitate understanding of what it is that you have to work with. Do you want to renew them, or just clean them?