How to clean toilet with diet soda?

Diet soda and what it does- saw this on the email with 2 cans of diet soda being poured into a toilet

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 17, 2017
    its is usually plain coke

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 17, 2017
    You didn't send the link but people have been seeing this for at least 50 years. I'm 72 and I heard about this when I was very young. The reason this works is because of the carbonic, citric, and phosphoric acids in coke or other sodas. Soda water is actually a bit better to use since it doesn't have the sugar. Vinegar or lemon would work the same way. Note, that I'm not saying that any kind of soda is a "health" food. Most people drink way too much soda - diet or regular. Water is much better for your hydration, but while more and more people are becoming water drinkers, most people still like regular or diet soda. I quit drinking it about 5 years ago in my quest to get myself to a healthy weight. It worked. Even if you drink diet soda, your body still thinks you're getting sugar because it's sweet. So it still reacts as if you were drinking sugar water. It's amazing what today's scientists are figuring out about the human body. :)

• See 1 previous
      Yes, I've heard that it was used for rust too. Again, I'll bet it's the acids in it's content that do the job!

• Suzette Suzette on Dec 17, 2017
    Hi A, here's a video using soda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U22suBkohC4

It's not diet but...

Good luck!