How do I discourage lime buildup in toilet?

+4
My expensive toilet is less than year old and already lime buildup is forming. I have 2 other toilets and no problem. I use this toilet most often.
  • Tracy Harrison Dakil Tracy Harrison Dakil on Jun 17, 2017
    Try white vinegar in the tank

• SandyG SandyG on Jun 17, 2017
    We use CLR for maintenance and when going out of town, pour vinegar in the bowl and do not flush.

• Tammy Tammy on Jun 17, 2017
    Remove the top of back of toilet and hold handle down to empty. Release handle and pour vinegar in as it begins to refill. Let sit over night. You may have to do this more than once to remove build up. For maintain repeat every two weeks.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 17, 2017
    Lysol toilet bowl cleaner works great

• Susan Susan on Jun 17, 2017
    yeah - CLR is great stuff but if you're on septic it can cause problems!!

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 17, 2017
    At this point, a cleaner that stays in the bowl might be best. I use the gel that sticks to the inside of the bowl, It's lysol.

• William William on Jun 17, 2017
    Every time the toilet is flushed fresh water is introduced loaded with minerals. That's why the one you use most gets the build up. I squirt some Dawn dish soap into the toilet. Pour in some vinegar and swish it around with a toilet brush to foam it up. Let it sit for an hour or so. Then flush. The foam suspends the vinegar above the water line to dissolve the build up.